Jaggery needs no introduction in Indian households. It is added in a variety of dishes and recipes for sweet taste and natural flavor. It is considered to be a healthy replacement for white sugar. Made from the extracts of sugarcane and the toddy palm tree, jaggery is traditional non-centrifugal cane sugar. It is not spun during processing to remove the nutritional molasses.
Place of Origin: Mungeli, Chhattisgarh
- Rich in iron contents, prevents anemia.
- Detoxifies the body, boosts metabolism & helps in weight loss.
- Good for immunity and joint pains.
- Purifies the blood and detoxifies the liver.
- Eases menstrual cramp pain.
- Prevents respiratory problems, when consumed with sesame seeds.
- Used to treat problems such as dry cough, common cold, asthma.
Gluten-free, no preservatives, high nutritional value, rich in antioxidants.